Avalanche Level 2 - Ski/Snowboard - January 13-16 @ Sandpoint, Idaho
Avalanche Level 2 - Ski/Snowboard - $500
January 13-16 – Sandpoint, Idaho
Pre-Trip Meeting: January 12, 5:30-8:30pm, Online
This course is designed for advancing winter backcountry recreationalists with prior avalanche training and experience. Build upon the foundation you developed during your prior training. Gain a deeper understanding of the nuances and intricacies of avalanches. Further hone your hazard assessment and decision-making skills. Begin to understand how to choose terrain to match the current avalanche conditions.
- This is a full immersion course, meaning that the students and instructors will stay in the mountains together the entire weekend. Lodging and access to a full kitchen will be provided.
- Prerequisite: Students must hold an Avalanche Level 1 certification
- The pre-trip meeting is required.
- Students must be advanced skiers/snowboarders to participate.
Students must provide all required equipment:
- Touring skis or split board – SNOWSHOES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS COURSE
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, and probe
- Backpack (25-35L)
- Layered clothing appropriate for spending an entire day in the winter backcountry
Please fill out the form below to register for this class: (payment instructions on the following page):
Friday, January 13, 2023 to Monday, January 16, 2023