*Now extended for February too!*
The Idaho Panhandle Avalanche Center is putting on a contest for some sweet prizes for the month of January and February. All you have to do to enter is submit a quality backcountry snowpack or avalanche observation on the observation platform on the website within 24 hours of your backcountry trip. One observation gets you one entry into the hat. Running from January 1 to January 31. At the end of January, we will draw names from the hat for some sweet prizes provided by the Friends of IPAC and their sponsors. We will draw names at the end of February as well. Enter your observations on the observations tab.
See the following videos for more details.
1. Observation must have a location associated with it.
2. Must be submitted within 24 hours of your backcountry trip. We encourage you to submit it as soon as possible.
3. Observation must be from IPACs forecasting areas or areas close to it that aren't covered by other forecast centers.
4. Must be made publically avaliable on the website
5. Must include weather observations and some snowpack observation. Final say in quality will be determined by the avalanche forecasters