Avalanche Level 1 Refresher - Ski/Snowboard - January 28 @ Schweitzer
Avalanche Level 1 Refresher - Ski/Snowboard - $150
January 28 - Schweitzer
Pre-Trip Meeting: January 27, 5:30-6:30pm, Online
- Prerequisite: Students must hold an Avalanche Level 1 certification
- Students are strongly encouraged to review the Level 1 online course prior to the pre-trip meeting.
- The pre-trip meeting is required for participation.
- Students must be strong intermediate-advanced skiers/snowboarders to participate.
Students must provide all required equipment:
- Touring skis or split board – SNOWSHOES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS COURSE
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, and probe
- Backpack (25-35L)
- Layered clothing appropriate for spending an entire day in the winter backcountry
Students will spend a full day in the mountains reviewing their level 1 skills with a qualified and experienced IPAC instructor. The instructor will model how they prepare, execute, and review a typical day of backcountry riding. The objective of this course is to go do ‘the thing’ with the guidance of a professional.
Please fill out the form below to register for this class: (payment instructions on the following page):
Saturday, January 28, 2023