Students will spend a full day in the mountains reviewing their level 1 skills with a qualified and experienced IPAC instructor. The instructor will model how they prepare, execute, and review a typical day of backcountry riding. The objective of this course is to go do ‘the thing’ with the guidance of a professional.
- Prerequisite: Students must hold an Avalanche Level 1 certification
- Students are strongly encouraged to review the Level 1 online course prior to the pre-trip meeting.
- The pre-trip meeting is required.
- Students must be strong intermediate-advanced skiers/snowboarders to participate.
- Students must provide all required equipment:
- Touring skis or split board – SNOWSHOES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS COURSE
- Climbing skins
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, and probe
- Backpack (25-35L)
- Layered clothing appropriate for spending an entire day in the winter backcountry
|Dates and Location
January 27 @ Schweitzer, February 25 @ Schweitzer
|Online Course Portion
Students must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by parent/guardian except the Youth Backcountry 101 course.
If you are unable to attend a course that you have registered and paid for, and you notify us that you are unable to attend at least 1 week before the date of the course, you will receive a 100% refund minus any transaction or processing fees. If you notify us less than 1 week before the course, you will receive a 50% refund.